Saturday, April 3, 2010

Kimchi Diet

I've made a goal to start working out more and eating healthier. It makes it slightly more difficult because I'm currently residing in South Korea. Being out of my regular element makes me more inclined to grab what is simple, easy, familiar and comforting. But I'm resisting and making a lot of my own food in an effort to eat healthier. Something that is simple, easy and fast here in Korea is kimchi. So, I've decided to go on an all kimchi diet.

Ha. Just kidding. So, while I definately won't be eating kimchi for every one of my meals, I will be enjoying it quite often. I decided to look up the health benefits of the Korean food and these are some things I found....

Kimchi is loaded with vitamins A, B, and C. It also has healthy bacteria called lactobacilli, found in fermented foods like kimchi and yogurt. The bacteria helps with digestion and I read that fermented cabbage has compounds that may prevent the growth of cancer. Health magazine even put kimchi in their list of top five healthiest foods in the world.


Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment